Friday, July 17, 2009

Going back to Gulfport

Let's see. The title pretty much says all there is. In December 2006 I went as part of a college-age mission trip to Gulfport, Mississippi to assist with rebuilding efforts there, a little over a year after Katrina. It was an incredible experience, physically, emotionally, and everything else.

On Sunday, I'm going back, this time as an adult leader on a high school trip. The kids we're going out with are great, and there's a whopping 18 of them. I can't even begin to predict how it's going to be, except that it'll be crazy. Like, awesome crazy.

Anyway. I don't think I'm going to be blarging from there, but I did think I'd repost the blargs I wrote from 2006, as they have heretofore existed only on MySpace, which is obviously lame. After I post those, I'll post the article I wrote for The Union Weekly about the trip.

If I don't write before then, I'll definitely write something when I get back. See ya'll in two weeks.

No comments: